In case you haven’t noticed, I have a weakness for lists and goals. Don’t get me wrong, I definitely enjoy living in the moment, but a small part of my brain that wants to accomplish things never shuts off. I have been thinking a lot about things I want to accomplish, and not just running related. Today I reflected on how far I have come in five years, and where I would like to be five years from now. Enjoy!
Goals I have accomplished in the last 5 years:
1. Graduated with a BA in Health Education and Physical Education
2. Worked for the American Cancer Society
3. Became an Exercise Physiologist
4. Graduated with my MS in Exercise Science and Health Promotion
5. Qualified for the Boston Marathon
6. Ran the Boston Marathon
7. Married one of my best friends
8. Put a down payment on a new car
9. Got braces
10. Paid off braces
11. Had braces removed
12. Qualified for the NYC Marathon
13. Ran a sub-20:00 5K
14. Found my niche in terms of a career
What I have my sights on in my next 5 years:
1. Pay off my car (I think I can realistically accomplish this in 18 months!!!)
2. Travel abroad (top choices: Paris, Rome, London, Ireland)
3. Run a marathon in a different country (top choices: Paris, Rome, London, Ireland)
4. Run a 50K race
5. Run a 50 mile race
6. Run a sub-3:20 marathon
7. Run a sub-1:30 half marathon
8. Pay off my student loans (This is going to be tough, but if I budget correctly, the sacrifices will be so worth it in the end).
9. Put a down payment on a house
10. Live in a community where I can walk, run or ride my bicycle to the majority of my destinations
11. Pace my brother in his first marathon
12. Become more involved in my church. I go to church every Sunday, but I don’t feel as though I am actively involved in the church community.
13. Plant a vegetable garden
14. Learn to can and preserve vegetables from my garden
15. Take my mom on a vacation of her choosing
Just some of the things going through this brain of mine. I can’t wait to cross some of these off the list as they are accomplished!
Do you have a 5-year plan? If so, what does it include?