So when starting this blog, one of my intentions was to share goals that I create, instead of keeping them all to myself. Well, I have some news to share, I have started to build-out my race schedule for the year! This is not an exhaustive list, but includes some of the major plans, if all goes well…
- 2.19.2011 – Chili Bowl Classic 5K: I ran this race last year and was totally pumped with my results. It wasn’t a PR, but considering the snowy weather conditions, and being so early in the race season a 21:14 was better than I expected. I want to run it again and see if I can come close to, or even beat last year’s time.
- 2.27.2011 – Last Chance for Boston Half-Marathon I like to run a half marathon mid-way through my training for a full marathon, to gauge where my fitness levels are. This is an interesting lil’ race. It is a 1-mile loop course (yep, 13 laps!). I ran this last year and posted a 1:40:07. I would love to run 1:35 or better. Eek! We shall see!
- 4.18.2011 – Boston Marathon: Well if this comes as a surprise, you obviously haven’t been keeping up with this blog! I would love to run a 3:20, but most importantly, I just want to run my best and soak in every second of this race. I can’t stop thinking about this race, I am beyond excited! My mom, husband and I are going to make a vacation out of this trip, so that is an added bonus!
- 9.9-9.11.2011 Run Woodstock: I read about this awesome event last year and immediately fell in love with the idea. I hope to round-up a few friends and spend a weekend in Michigan with like-minded peeps running and listening to good tunes. Like a cross country camp for grown-ups! If only I had a VW bus to drive, while sportin’ some tie-dye.
- 9.24.2011 – Akron Marathon Relay: Some friends and I are planning to make a 5-person relay team and run this race for fun. I am super pumped, as I have always wanted to participate in a relay like this, should be a rockin’ good time!
- 10.9.2011 – Rock ‘n’ Roll Denver Marathon: My brother moved to Denver last year, and a goal of mine is to visit him at least once a year. This year, my mom and I are going to go together, and stay with my brother for a few days. I promised him that I would pace him during his first 26.2! This is going to be SO much fun! I just hope the altitude change doesn’t rock my world.
- 11.6.2011 – NYC Marathon: I have applied for guaranteed entry with my time of 1:33:10 in the 2010 Columbus Half Marathon. Just waiting on my application to be accepted, should be any day now! My mom is going to go with me to this race, and we are going to make a vacation out of the weekend. She hasn’t been to the Big Apple since she was pregnant with me back in 1982! We are SO excited! I just want to do this race for fun, and don’t have a specific time goal. We have booked our lodging, bought tickets to a show, and already have our plan of attack for sight-seeing.
I feel so beyond blessed to have found such a wonderful, healthy hobby as well as the ability to combine my love of this sport with another joy, travel. But more importantly, I am so grateful for the constant love and support of my family and friends and their desire to share in this running journey with me. How did I get so lucky?