So yesterday during my pool run, I was having a major meltdown internally. I was preparing myself for the worst possible diagnosis for my foot pain and made all sorts of promises to the running gods, including but not limited to:
Please oh, please! Let this not be a major injury! If it is not, I promise…
- I will take one FULL day off from exercise each week!
- I will stretch more every day!
- I will take at least one ice bath a week! And ice any aches & pains post workout!
- I will stop gossiping!
- I will do more random acts of kindness!
- I will donate blood the first chance I get!
- I will go to Mass every week!
So today someone was smiling down upon me as I was able to get an appointment with one of the Cleveland Clinic Sports Med Docs. I got poked, prodded, x-rayed and asked many questions which all led to the diagnosis of…
- The bones on the top of my feet are more prominent than the average person, it’s a ‘deformity’. Awesome.
- Wearing certain types of shoes and tying laces too tight can cause irritation to the nerves that run from my big toe, across the top of my feet and connect to my ankle. Sweet.
- I do NOT have stress fractures! HELL YES!!!
- I need to stop wearing the stupid shoes I wore on Friday. Done and DONE!
- I need to re-lace my running shoes to relieve the pressure from the top of my foot. Easy!
- I should stretch, ice and do the occasional deep water run for a week, and then I can resume running! THANK YOU JESUS!
To show my gratitude for the good news I stopped by my local library and donated some of my O+ during their American Red Cross blood drive.
Filling up a couple bags of my blood can save 3 lives! Isn’t that awesome?! I’ve given blood a handful of times and I always feel SO good afterwards. It really is a small sacrifice to make, that can go such a long way.
Every time I have given blood, I crave french fries dipped in sweet & sour sauce and fountain Sprite. Random, eh? So I treated myself to just that.
This is quite a treat for me, as I may indulge in this sort of treat 5 times a year, no joke.
I plan on relaxing and icing my feet the rest of the evening with my hubby and kitties, and enjoying some Monday night television.